Friday 18 September 2015

I live in London!

I really do! Finally! The happiness I feel everytime I can say that I live in London is something I've never experienced before. This is my fifth day here, so I figured an update would be appropriate. Just after I had moved I was busy figuring out my way around London (that's still a work in progress), running through the shops getting everything I need and meeting new people. That's why I didn't blog straight away and because I was so so so tired too.

After having slept almost exactly 45 minutes the previous night it was time to get to the airport. I said goodbye to my family and there was no crying whatsoever - I just couldn't stop smiling. I must've looked like a massive idiot with the goofy grin on my face but at that point I just didn't care. 

My flight landed smoothly on Gatwick airport at 9.10 am local time and from there I took the Gatwick Express train towards central London. As I was looking out the window and listening to Who Says You Can't Go Home by Bon Jovi - I hijacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold - I was perfectly calm. I did get the "OMFG I actually left home I really am here right now" feeling on some level but first and foremost I just thought that I had come home.

I got off the train at Victoria station to change for the tube (I was going to write subway but then I remembered how inappropriate that would be since this is England) to find out that there are no escalators. There I was trying to manage the stairs with my two suitcases when this nice man offered to help me and carried one of my suitcases down for me. And he wasn't the only one. Every time I looked like I was struggling someone came to give me a hand and reminded me why I love this place so much. 

I was meant to catch a bus after the tube but as it was raining, my bags were heavy, I was tired and the fact that I couldn't even find the bus stop I was supposed to find was making me slightly cranky, I eventually got a taxi to take me to the hall I would be living in for the next year. At the hall I was shown to my room (after meeting some more lovely people) and... Here I am. I really like this place - my room is quite small which I like since it's really cozy (and easy to clean) and I have everything I need here. It's still pretty quiet around here as a lot of people are moving in this weekend I guess, but everyone I've met so far has been really lovely. 

And then some pictures from Hackney and central London











Satu

4 comments:

  1. Aaaa ihana lukee suomalaisten elämästä Englannissa ja vielä Englanniksi! Ehkä sitä itsekin palaisi joskus sinne... haaveissa ainakin olisi tehdä töitä siellä hetki tai jotain:) Jään seurailemaan, good luck with everything! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitti kommentista :D helpostihan tänne pääsee näin iso paikka - mahdollisuuksia ihan älyttömästi :D

      Delete
  2. Love every picture in this post. Congrats on moving to London. I'm jealous and already know you're going to have the time of your life x

    -Wildfire Charm

    ReplyDelete