Wednesday 24 February 2016

Healthy and happy!

It's been a long time again... But today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite things in life: FOOD!

Lately I've been experimenting in the kitchen following in my mother's footsteps and adopting the habit of making a meal from whatever I have in my fridge without too much planning. While I do enjoy the occasional chocolate bar or sometimes make a late night excursion to Perfect Fried Chicken with my friends, when I cook I like to keep the main focus on health. I thought it would be fun to start sharing some of the recipes I have found successful every now and then in the hope of helping or maybe inspiring my fellow students, who I'm sure can relate to the fact that the food you make has to be nutritious, quick to make and somewhat cost-effective.

If you hate waking up but love food as much as I do, you might find the following instructions helpful. Already contradicting myself after saying that when I cook, I want the food from the pan to my plate as fast as possible, this recipe is for those days you have an extra 30 minutes in the morning to treat yourself with a nice breakfast. When my alarm goes off, the idea of breakfast is literally one of the few things that make me actually want to get out of bed, which is why I sometimes like to plan my morning meal in advance the night before. Last night I went to sleep dreaming about these pancakes...



What you need:

1 banana
3 eggs
170g of greek yoghurt
Whatever you want to have with them
(berries, syrup...)

This recipe is for one person: you get about two big pancakes from this amount of batter.

The recipe is super simple:

Mix the banana (squashing it first makes the process easier), eggs and yoghurt in a bowl. The yoghurt can be flavoured or you can use plain like I did. If you want, add sugar or honey if you prefer them a bit sweeter.

Put some oil or butter in a pan and heat it up on a low-ish heat (these burn easily!).

Pour the batter into the pan and let it fry for a few minutes. These break super easily, so make sure it stays in the pan long enough for it to stay in one piece when you flip it. Fry on the other side for a few minutes as well and you're done!

That's seriously it - I just added some blueberries and agave nectar on top of them and it was lovely. Enjoy with lemon green tea and you have got yourself the most delicious and healthy breakfast ever. Great mood for the rest of the day: check!

Satu

No comments:

Post a Comment