Friday 1 January 2016

2016!

2015 came and went faster anyone could sing Auld Lang Syne and oh my was this an eventful year. This was the year to graduate from high school (still one of the greatest days of my life), the year to start university, the year to finally move to London and thanks to that the year to say countless hellos leading to making great new friends. There's not one second I'd change.

I thought I'd look back on the past year with a little help as I recently got an email from Spotify reminding me to go and check my Year In Music -page.

According to that I kicked off 2015 with "Salsa Tequila" by Anders Nilsen. I remember how exactly a year ago me and my friend were waking up at my place after a night out listening to this song and thinking about how much fun we had. 

My most listened track in 2015 was "Blue Eyed Lie" by Jessica Meuse. No particular reason - I just think that girl is amazing and that song is perfection. Next on the list were "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Bublé, "Don't Rain on My Parade" by Barbra Streisand, and "Defying Gravity" from Wicked all of which were played at my graduation party and they'll always bring back some lovely memories.

My most listened album is "Handwritten" by Shawn Mendes which I streamed 210 times. I remember it being the end of the summer and how eager I was to get going to London. I'd listen to "Something Big" from the album and think about how that song must've been made for me. (Dramatic much...?)

Once again the artist I listened to the most - 581 times to be exact -  was One Direction. I don't think I need any further justification for this. It's just who I am.

In total I spent 25 000 minutes listening to music and I'm happy that I did as they remind me of all the great things 2015 had to offer.


So about New Year's resolutions then... I continued my tradition and decided not to make any. I simply felt like I'm in a really good place with everything right now so there's no need to try and actively change something. In Finnish New Year's resolutions are called New Year's promises and there's just something about that word that bothers me. Me and my friends were just talking bout how the word "goal" for example is much more realistic and puts a lot less pressure on people. I've never felt like there's any point in making promises as we never know how the things we can do nothing about will change. 

My New Year's goal is to keep doing the things that make me happy (this includes going back to dance classes), keep doing my best to get educated (Mandarin here I come!) and keep sparkling as much as I can - figuratively and literally. 

2015 was the year everything began and I cannot wait to write this post again in a year and see what 2016 has given me. Happy new year everyone!

Satu

4 comments:

  1. En oikein osaa sanoa mitään tästä postauksesta, koska englannin taitoni on niin heikko, että hyvä kun muutaman lauseen ymmärsin :D Olisi kiva, että kirjoittaisit sekä suomeksi, että englanniksi niin tälläiset huonompi kielitaitoisetkin pääsisivät asian ytimeen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitti palautteesta :) oon miettinyt samaa itekin, kirjoittaminen mulla on vaan aina luonnistunut paremmin englanniksi kuin suomeksi jostain kumman syystä^^Mutta voisin ainakin kokeilla jossain vaiheessa:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kiitos samoin, käyn kattelemassa sun blogia myös :D

      Delete